Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):


Q: Are you open to the public?

A: Yes, on Mondays from 7:30PM until 10PM, except on major public holidays. Non-members from Ridgefield pay only $10.00 range fee to shoot. The range fee for non-members who live outside of Ridgefield is $15.00 - among the lowest in the area.


Q: Do you accept new members?

A: Yes. You need to apply in person when the range is staffed - on a Monday or Tuesday night, or a Sunday afternoon. Please see the Membership page for details.


Q: What does the membership cost?

A: $225 for the first year, $75 per year thereafter. Please see the Membership page for more detail.


Q: What types of payment do you accept?

A: We accept cash and checks. We cannot process credit card payments.


Q: Do you need a Connecticut Pistol permit in order to join?

A: Applicants who wish to shoot handguns must have a valid Connecticut State Permit to Carry Pistols and Revolvers.


Q: Do you have family memberships?

A: Yes. A member can add a spouse, child or significant other for additional $35 annual membership fee.


Q: Do you rent guns?

A: No


Q: Do you sell guns?

A: No


Q: Do you sell ammunition?

A: No


Q: When are you open?

A: Please see the Hours page Ramapoo is closed on major public holidays.


Q: Do you have a youth program?

A: Yes, please see the Instruction page.


Q: Can I shoot a rifle at Ramapoo?

A: Only 22LR caliber rifles are allowed. The FN 5.7 caliber rifles and handguns are not allowed. Danbury Shooting Sports Association at Wooster Mountain State Park is the nearest rifle range.


Q: What calibers are allowed at Ramapoo?

A: Only pistol calibers up to .45, and 22LR caliber rifle may be fired.  Magnums, jacketed and semi-jacketed ammo may only be fired by members on membersí night or Sundays or in programs approved by the Range Officer for the program. FN 5.7 caliber, tracers and armor piercing bullets are prohibited.


Q: Can I shoot a shotgun at Ramapoo?

A: No. Danbury Shooting Sports Association at Wooster Mountain State Park is the nearest shotgun range.


Q: How do I obtain a Connecticut Pistol permit?

A: Please check with the Connecticut Department of Emergency Services and Public Protection.

Copyright 2013 Ramapoo Rifle & Revolver Club